Have you run out of ideas? Are the kids "bored" and looking for something new to do?
Why not try FREE VIRTUAL CAMPS OR CLASSES!
Virtual camps allow kids to learn a variety of lessons from the comfort of their own home. There are also museum and zoo tours available for an afternoon of fun. Don't forget to check your local library for free reading programs and classes available. Of course there are also fee-based programs for dance, sports, theater, STEM, art, animals, etc. Simply google your child's interests to explore all the options that are open.
- Rialto BookClub - an online book club for young readers, who are interested in the performing arts, entertainment, and culture.
- Jr. NBA at Home - an interactive content series providing basketball skills and drills featuring NBA and WNBA players that can be completed individually to help young players around the world stay active and develop their game.
- STEM Bootcamps - Numerade STEM camp sessions taught by top educators help improve your grades by preparing for STEM-related courses you’ll be taking in school. Sessions are taught by top-ranking STEM PhD’s, College Professors, and High School Teachers and include SAT Prep, Precalculus, Calculus, Physics, Chemistry.
- Michael's - a selection of DIY Videos for kids arts and crafts projects designed for age 3 & up. Kids can also register for upcoming live classes. Videos are available on the Michael’s website and on YouTube.
- The Crash Course - with various witty hosts, Crash Course is one of the best ways to educate yourself and your family on YouTube! It's got you covered with an awesome variety of AP high school curriculum topics Astronomy, US History, and Anatomy & Physiology.
- 4-H Camp Clover - has interactive, exciting activities for everyone ages 5-18. Content is created in collaboration with universities throughout the U.S. Earn rewards and customize your experience as you explore.
- NASA at Home - amazing virtual tours of the NASA facilities, apps, and more!
- PBS Kids Summer of Adventure - explore and play all summer long with a variety of free resources from PBS KIDS. Spark curiosity and creativity with hands-on activities and games supporting literacy, math, science, and fun!
- Variety Tutors - choose from art, science, filmmaking, bug camp, computer science, music, cooking and fun enrichment options!
- NBC Sports Camp - a virtual summer program for 7-to-12-year-old kids to learn and play a varity of sports from the comfort of their homes.
Another fun option is Summer Camp in a Box! There are many different paid subscription boxes like Little Passports and Spangler Science Club available for for kids! Cratejoy has many options to choose from based on interest and age level!